Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fasting

Today I fasted.  Well just this morning really, I ate at noon.  But this morning I "felt" like I was supposed to "go without" breakfast and spend extra time in prayer.  My "time" with God was great!  Though I had moments where I felt quite gross because I was hungry, most of the morning was fine.  I talked to God, pleaded with God, read His words, cried and felt peace.  But at the end of the morning "nothing had happened."  I know that God doesn't work just because we do (magic formula enter here) and I know that He who knows all and sees all is working always, but I can't help but feel a little discouraged and let down.  

I know God uses kids to teach us so much and this morning was another example of that.  "Mighty God, faithful through the ages, Mighty God...." was going through Lilly's mind (and mouth) therefore it got to go through mine.  I know He is Mighty, I know He has good plans for me and I will trust Him.   

No comments:

Post a Comment