Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's Magic!



Two days ago we got home from our family holiday in Florida. The six of us and Papa and Nana (Dan's parents) were away for 11 days. We had a very full and fun trip and it will probably take me a few days to get out all of the thoughts that I had about it all.

Our first day was spent at "The Holy Land Experience". Do I recommend it? Hmmm.... some great parts..... but for $180 to get us in for a few hours (it's not really a spend a day there kind of place, it's much smaller than the other parks we went to) I say go with low expectations then you will be pleasantly surprised! (smile) Nana enjoyed it, it was her surprise, so that was the main thing.

The next day we went to Disney's "Magic Kingdom" We had a great time! I had done lots of preparation and had a schedual to follow to get to the best rides, for us, in the shortest lines. The research did pay off when my entourage would work with me. (smile)

Bo and I rode "Peter Pan" together... it's a little ship suspended in the air so beneath you and around you are all the scenes from the movie.... Bo says "How are we flying" looking everywhere below and around us, not above where the track we were on is... I said... "it's magic!" Ah the wonder of a child.

Lilly was a princess... the "cast members" that's what they call the staff, are amazing there. They always called her "princess" or "Belle" she was in heaven. Wow does that girl love to shop... it's amazing... and of course Nana was her perfect partner.

Eli trooped along, loving what he could do, not minding at all when he and Nana got to sit for a bit and snack while the rest of us were on a ride.

Tessa my girl who just seems to grow up a little more each day. She came on all the rides, even the ones that scared her, other than "Space Mountain." Which "Space Mountain" is so fast, and dark that I was glad that she wasn't with us. She came on Everest, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain and Dinosouar (actaully all of them but Eli came on Dinosaur, it was really scary... oops!)

Dan, my amazing husband.... he carried the back pack full of juice boxes, water and snacks.... it was very heavy... and he carried Eli, when Lilly needed a break and rode in the stroller. He's Buff!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! A picture! Can't wait to see the rest - hopefully on monday! I can just imagine how much the kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete