Friday, December 19, 2008

Sweets and Treats

Today I baked.  I bake often actually but usually it's cookies for the family or a dessert for company.  Today I baked second batches of things that we have already eaten and Christmas isn't actually here yet.  

As I watched my previous baking disappear in just a "little dessert after supper" I realized that I now have to bake for a family of 6.  When Tessa and Bo were Lilly and Eli's ages, we knew that they really didn't need extra sweets (who does?) so they really hardly saw them.  Dan and I ate and enjoyed them and they were shared with extended family.  However, 9 and 7 year olds are quite observant, and when a 2 and 4 year old see older siblings "enjoying" well all of a sudden we've gone from treats for 2 to treats for 6.  There's a very big difference.  

I actually love it.  I've been waiting since Dan and I got married for such things to happen, food to be loved and disappear with little or no notice.  Dan can eat alot but he is not so gluttonous as to eat a whole pan of squares... but a family of 6 that's done oh so easily.  :)  So eat up and enjoy, and come for a Christmas visit!  I'll try and hide some holiday treats for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment