Monday, December 29, 2008

Oh Christmas Time....

Oh Christmas Time.... a wonderful time.... an oh so sick time.... in my house.  The Monday before Christmas I first felt it.  By Christmas Eve it was fully in my chest and lo and behold the whole family had a chest cough/cold/flu.  

It broke my heart when Tessa said, "Christmas isn't supposed to be like this..."  She was right of course, Christmas isn't supposed to be full of sick and yuck.  But on the flip side we were together as a family all through Christmas for the first time ever!  The last time Dan had all of Christmas (and by all I mean Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day) off Tessa was 2 weeks old.  So this Christmas was given a lot of hipe in the kids minds and in my own because it was finally going to be the Christmas that other people get to enjoy every year.  Now I look back on it as a blur because although we were sick we didn't get to just be sick, we had Christmas for us and then hosted Dan's whole family, on the weekend.  My brain didn't even feel like it worked, I tried to read receipes and made mistakes... ie. substituted sugar for flour etc.  Someone said that in a few years we won't even remember that we were all sick.   I'm not sure about that, but I do know that it was a gift to get to be together this Christmas coughs and all. 

1 comment:

  1. Awe Karen! I am sorry you were all so sick:( I hope this week will be a restful one full of healing and making good memories!
    Love you:)

    ReplyDelete