Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

A new year! I always have to reminise about the past when I am blessed enough to be given a new year once again.  Time is such a funny thing and so many have talked about it before me, but yet I still can't help thinking that time is my biggest challenge in life and also one of my best friends. 

It takes me away from my dear old friends who I don't talk to nearly often enough, robs me of my newborn babies and adds those new lines that appear out of no where.  Time... ugh! But, it lets me enjoy chats with my oldest... she's nine!  Do you remember 9?  I sure do, and I love hearing her thoughts and opinions. She really is smart, especially about the things that matter, which makes my mother's heart sing!  Time lets me already have had 11 1/2 years of marriage to the same great man I began to love at the tender age of 15.  Time is so sweet.... 

Every New Year also reminds me of an old friend who battled with cancer starting in the 3rd grade and was finally released from pain and suffering New Years Eve my grade 9 year.  My classmates and I gathered to pray and "cry in the New Year"  It is still one of my most memorable ones.  I still often think of him, he was such an amazing example of child who rests in God.  I think of his parents, now that I am one, and wonder how they still must miss him although he's been gone almost 20 years I can only imagine the ache they still must feel.  

My goal for this New Year is pretty much the same as it is every New Year.... to embrace time- and all the things that come with that.  Live in today!  Enjoy my marriage that continues on from this point of 11 and a half years.  To enjoy my kids growing up, and to spend time with friends and family... as much as I can.  To remember that time is a gift, and really no one cares about the lines on my face, other than me.  (smile) Thank goodness!

1 comment: