Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Excited and Scared!

These days as Dan draws closer and closer to resigning from the "safe, secure, good paying" oil and gas field, I feel excited and oh so scared!  I feel frustrated that it has taken this long, the process began last June. I am excited to rely on God in a totally new way, since Dan and I got married he has always come home with a pay cheque.  Two or three a month.  We have had lovely bonuses, and he has done very well.  He was "promoted" up to Foreman a month or two ago even though they know he is planning on leaving.  They have asked him "what would it take for you to stay?"  To leave all that is scary!

But how do I tell my husband who has only cared and provided for me and our kids to not take a chance, to not step out with God, to not do what he LOVES.  It only took him 15 years to figure out what he wanted to do when he grew up.  I'm excited and I'm scared! 

One of the craziest things is that I feel embarassed sometimes that it hasn't happened yet.  People know that we have this plan so they ask, "how's it going" "when's D-day" it all feels like it should be done faster.  But, being in the financial world, what kind of a example would Dan be setting if he just up and left before he had reached his goals?  It just makes sense, then how crazy would it have been if he had quit shortly before Christmas when he was getting almost 2 weeks off.  Then how crazy to quit before we go on a holiday for 10 days at the end of the month.

I will choose to trust God!  For Him to do the work in Dan and in I that only He is able to do.  I can hardly believe that we are coming to the close of yet another chapter in our lives.  Again, I am excited and I am scared!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and I are kinda in the same place my friend, but different. Waiting...scared and excited...so familiar! Blessings, love and prayers Karen

    ReplyDelete