Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Satan's Bait


I have a great mom!  She is many of the things that I hope to be.  She is a prayer warrior, an encourager, commited to her husband, (my dad) but most of all she loves God.  We often have morning chats about each of our lives and the struggles and joys of the day.   She will pray for me... not just say she will.... but do it right then.  

Anyway, today as we ended our conversation I told her about a good friend of mine's wise words.... I month or so ago this friend told me about issues in her church, which involved her.... messy... but then she wisely said  "I can either take Satan's Bait or not, I can choose to take the offence, or not.  It's my choice."     

It has really stuck with me, when I am hurt... intentionally or not.  Will I choose to fall into satan's trap, to take the offence is falling into the trap that he has laid out.  As I journey through this life I need to be able to make as many excuses for my "offender" as I make for myself. It's hard for me, my mom often told me as a teen, "you need thicker skin."  It's so easy to read into situations that are difficult and make them even worse, by my assumptions and by taking that offence.  My prayer is to never take the bait. By the way.... my friend, she chose not to take the bait.

1 comment:

  1. Wise Wise words Karen! Thank you for sharing. It really does come down to a choice doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete